SMART Golf & Fitness Instruction is proud to host our Fall and Winter seasons of The SMART Cup.
The SMART Cup: Winter Golf League
- – January 5th through March 12th
Weekly Time Slots:
- – Sundays – 10:00am to 12:00pm; 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- – Mondays – 4:00pm to 6:00pm; 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- – Tuesdays – 4:00pm to 6:00pm; 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- – Saturdays – 10:00am to 12:00pm; 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- – $500 for active clients
- – $600 for non-clients
This includes administration fees, league sessions, scoring, handicap calculation, and light appetizers during league sessions. $150 of the entry fee goes to the prize pool.
Contact Will Patton to Sign Up or For More Information!
Phone: (248) 635-2705
- – The SMART Cup Fall Golf league is a 9 week series of weekly two hour matches. Each participant selects their desired weekly time slot to play.
- – Each player in the league competes individually for points throughout the first eight weeks and then the top 8 players will advance to the playoffs. Depending on the overall number of league participants, there may also be Wild Card entrants in the playoffs. These will be determined by the overall point’s leaderboard.
- – The entry fee for the league is $600 for non-clients, and $500 for active clients. This includes administration fees for the league sessions, scoring, handicap calculation, and light appetizers during the league sessions. $150 of this entry fee also goes into the prize pool. Players will compete for this prize pool during the playoffs of the league.
- – Players may provide a substitute if they have to miss a scheduled league session. The substitute will abide by the regular league handicapping rules. If a player cannot find a substitute, a staff member will play.
- – Participants may bring beverages of their choice. Plain and sparkling water will be provided.
- – The simulator is based on the Trackman Launch Monitor System. This is by far the most accurate launch monitor system on the market. Because of this, your golf shots will react exactly how it would in real life. Please note the following details:
- – The shot will Fade, Draw, Slice, and Hook etc. depending on how you hit the shot.
- – The ball will spin back on the green.
- – Most of the courses we play during the golf league are very difficult in real life (and in virtual golf). Take note very carefully of uphill and downhill shots.
- These will make a big difference on the outcome of your shot.
- – We typically play with a moderate amount of wind. This will also affect the trajectory of your golf shot.
- – All shot results picked up by the simulator are final unless specifically noted as an error by the Smart G&FI staff. Decisions of staff will be final for league play.
- – If a shot is not detected by the simulator for any reason, this shot will not count in the official stroke count for the player. The SMART G&FI staff will have the option to charge a stroke to any player who hits a shot that is not registered by the simulator if deemed that the player hit a shot that could not have been registered because of the nature of the shot. We will call this the “bad shot” rule.
- – We ask that players be ready when it is their turn to play in order to maintain the pace of the league play.
- – Each player will receive 75% of their USGA index for the first two weeks of competition. If a player doesn’t have a USGA index, the SMART Golf Staff will estimate the player’s approximate index and the player will receive 50% of that estimated index for the first two weeks of competition.
- – If a player misses one of the first two weeks of competition, that player will continue on with their previous handicap until that player has played two rounds of golf in competition on the simulator.
- – For every 3 scores a player posts during league play, the highest score will be removed from the active scores for handicap calculation purposes.
- – All handicap calculations are maintained by the SMART Golf staff, are confidential, and handicapping decisions are final.
Please note that you can sign up individually or with a group. If you have a full foursome interested in playing in the golf league at a time slot different than those listed above, please contact us for availability.